I’m pleased to announce several significant feature additions to Comment Edit Pro: Akismet, Mailchimp, and reCAPTCHA 3 support.
Akismet Spam Protection
Akismet has always been a part of Simple Comment Editing. I had the idea, however, to have more fine-tuned control over the Akismet integration.
With the updated Akismet integration, you can now:
- Disable Akismet for comments (if you are using Akismet for something else besides comments)
- Disable Akismet for logged-in users
- Disable Akismet for comment editing
Mailchimp integration is now available for your comment section. Once you’ve configured the options, you’ll see a new checkbox in your comment section encouraging users to sign up for a newsletter list.
Please view the Mailchimp documentation and how you can integrate it with your comment form.
reCAPTCHA 3 Support
To further eliminate spam, I have developed reCAPTCHA 3 support for your comment form.
reCAPTCHA 3 is a great way to protect your comment section from bots. It’s an invisible captcha, so your commenters are likely never to notice there is a captcha for the comment form.
Comment Edit Pro Roadmap
As soon as all the features are stable, including Avatars, I plan on some additional features to Comment Edit Pro.
- Allow advertisements/announcements in the edit comment interface
- Allow readers to add more edit time to their comments
- Comment blocks
- Per-post Mailchimp options
- Themeable comment sections
- Gravatar Privacy
Please comment below which features you’d like to see next.